“What is the recipe for successful achievement? To my mind there are just four essential ingredients: Choose a career you love, give it the best there is in you, seize your opportunities, and be a member of the team." Benjamin Franklin Fairless
Do you have what it takes to be a TOP SECRET bookkeeper?
- Processes paperwork! Empties the Inbox using a calculator, telephone, filing system and computer!
- Verify & key transactions. Transactions such as deposit slips, register tapes, credit card batch settlements, sales slips, vendor payouts, barter transactions, invoices, receipts, check stubs, vendor bills and credits, credit card/debit transactions and computer printouts.
- Reconciles and balances accounts. Such as cash receipts and cash payouts; credit card, bank and vendor statements.
- Money In - Create/process invoices, progress payments, deposits
- Money Out - Pay bills using online bill pay, cut checks, apply credits
- Verify accuracy of financial statements. Such as profit and loss, statement of cash flows, balance sheet, unadjusted trial balance.
- Keep insurance costs down! Insure all general liability, workers compensation certificates and/or waivers, along with IRS W-9 are current & on file for all subcontractors. Prepare reports & participate in annual insurance audits.
- Payroll. Setup/maintain payroll, verify payroll liabilities & insure timely state and federal liability payments.
- Taxes. Verify, adjust and pay monthly, quarterly sales taxes. Other taxes may include tangible, property/vehicle.
- Year End - process 1099s, 940, W-2, W-3, state & federal payroll reconciliation, prepare files & accountant’s copy for tax preparer.
Integrity, Character & Attitude
- team player
- sense of humor
- good grammar skills
- excellent math skills
- fast learner
- great communication skills
- attentive to detail
- able to multi-task
- own reliable transportation
- good driving record
Software & Technical Skills
- Accounting Software 2015-2022
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- EFTPS. gov
- tax.ri.gov or taxportal.ri.gov
- online banking
- import/export transactions
- Type >25 words/minute